The 5 day residential IT management training course has been specifically designed to give you the IT specialist, when you don’t have months to spare for training, the opportunity to develop valuable business management skills. Help you to improve your communication skills to build trust and effectively deal with people. Expand your negotiation, presentation, problem solving and decision making skills. Advance your career and make yourself indispensable as tech becomes central to organisations’ strategic priorities.
All our courses are run by experienced IT leaders who understand what skills you as an IT manager need to develop to be successful and progress your career. We work hard to keep our training fresh and consequently our courses include practical, actionable learning.
You will cover a number of key topics during your training, including developing IT strategy, aligning IT strategy to the business, top level project management, operational excellence, crisis leadership, communicating technology. You will also study IT commercial skills, in particular, IT sourcing, contracts & negotiation. Our programme has been acclaimed by over 1,300 past delegates and, as a result, it consistently receives high satisfaction ratings. Read our testimonials.
Dates — This course is run at regular intervals. Click here to book your IT Management Excellence training course and choose a date.
Price — All prices include a 1-year membership of the IT Leaders Network, they exclude VAT and accommodation
Course outline — an outline of the course is shown below. For more information, please click here to download the brochure, or contact us on 01491 578688.
A 5-day programme to develop business skills for IT professionals
- Business to IT alignment
- Business relationship management
- Communicating technology
- Delivering customer value
- Operational excellence
- Managing & coaching technology teams
Day 1 – IT Strategy
Linking IT to business priorities.
- A proven process for IT strategy
- Aligning IT strategy to business priorities
- Strategic domains and objectives
- Looking for a better way — optimizing IT strategy
- Composing and communicating the plan
Day 2 – Project excellence
Topics include advanced project, program & portfolio management.
- Validating project business cases
- IT project management wisdom
- Effective project governance and reporting
- Project portfolio management guidelines
- Guidelines for successful change projects
Day 3 – IT Communicating technology
Looks at improving business relationship management & communication skills using a number of interactive and typical IT business relationship scenarios.
- The art of communicating technology
- Presenting IT to non-technical audiences
- Creating a compelling technology message
- Handling difficult (IT) situations
- Business relationship scenarios
Day 4 – Operational Excellence
This session looks at a number of techniques in overview, including ITIL, Six Sigma and Lean IT and the relative merits of each one.
- Continual Service Improvement (CSI) models
- An overview of different frameworks, including ITIL, Six Sigma and Lean IT
- Preparing for major (technology) incidents
- Managing major incidents
- Leading in crisis — the art of communication
Day 5 – Commercial acumen
This module provides a short but highly valuable overview of some key commercial techniques for IT managers.
- The art of good commercial decisions
- Getting the most from IT partners
- Contract guidelines for successful IT
- Delivering better negotiated outcomes
- Negotiating as a team
The courses take place in a beautiful tranquil setting on the banks of the river just outside Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire. The conference centre is conveniently located near to junction 8/9 of the M4 and about 20 minutes from London Heathrow. We have reserved on-site accommodation for our delegates, there is also an excellent restaurant, café, bar and gym.
On the Monday evening we host drinks in the bar and Tuesday our delegates join us for supper in a restaurant in Henley. With everyone based in the same location it greatly adds to the learning experience and facilitates networking as our delegates are from across all industries as well as from many countries around the world.