World Leading IT management courses
Now in its tenth year, our flagship IT Leadership programme is designed for IT managers looking to develop their IT leadership skills. Based on the book “Excellent IT Leadership,” it is a highly practical course, focusing on the leadership skills that have the biggest impact on business performance and career success. It is delivered by former CIOs and uses a variety of training styles, combining high quality presentations with case studies, role plays, business simulations and round table discussions. Over 1,000 delegates have attended the course which has maintained an average feedback score of over 90%. With their input and experience, the course is constantly evolving to take account of new trends in technology and IT leadership.
The course fee includes a one-year membership to the IT Leaders network which meets quarterly to listen to top presenters and network with other former delegates. Members can stay in touch through the our closed Linked-In network group. You might also like to join one of our IT management training courses.
Dates — This course is run quarterly. Click here for a full list of dates across all territories or choose from the list on the right.
Course outline — the following gives a brief outline of the topics covered. For more information, please click here to download the brochure.
Excellent IT Leadership
A 5-day course for experienced IT managers to develop IT leadership skills and build influence.
- Personal branding
- IT team leadership
- Influence & corporate politics
- Innovation & technology vision
- Business strategy & IT alignment
Daniel Goleman’s model of emotional intelligence emphasises personal leadership — our ability to understand ourselves and achieve our best.
- How CIOs optimize time and activity
- Secrets of successful CIOs
- Leadership opportunities for IT professionals
- Building and maintaining reputation
- Developing a personal brand
Day 2 uses two leadership models to help IT managers identify their leadership and management style and use it to best effect.
- Assessing your style of leadership
- Recognizing leadership styles in others
- Influencing strategies for the different leadership styles
- Corporate politics — the inside track
- Developing successful political networks
Our “world class IT” model has been 5 years in the making, and identifies the formula for successful IT.
- A model for high performing IT teams
- Understanding your team’s dynamics
- Building and motivating IT teams
- Developing staff in real time
- Organizing IT teams to maximize performance
Technology & innovation leadership
Looks at the technology innovation process, with techniques for developing ideas and plotting technology vision.
- The process of innovation and the creative mindset
- Techniques to foster innovation
- The importance of technology in innovation
- Selecting the best innovation ideas
- Lanterns to the future — creating technology vision
This module focuses on the high level role of senior IT executives, based on research and interviews with CIOs and technology leaders.
- IT leaders at board level — what CEOs look for
- The responsibilities of IT corporate leadership
- A process model for IT to business alignment
- Technology governance structures
- IT’s brand – aligning reality and perception
Book Excellent IT Leadership now
£3,750.00 excl. VAT