The IT Leadership programme is an innovative well structured course designed for IT managers who don’t have months or years to invest in a Leadership Programme. This intensive 5 day residential programme looks at the knowledge and skills you will need to develop to be a high impact-leader, to gain the trust of your team, empowering them to fulfil their potential, achieve goals, deliver value and help drive the business forward. As an IT Leader you don’t just need excellent analytical skills but also be skilled in communication, empathy and strategic thinking, creativity and flexibility. Learn the skills needed to lead and respond to the different personality types.
Based on the book “Excellent IT Leadership,” it is a highly practical course, focusing on the leadership skills that have the biggest impact on business performance and career success. It is delivered by former CIOs and uses a variety of training styles, combining high quality presentations with case studies, role plays, business simulations and round table discussions. Over 1300 delegates have attended the course which has maintained an average feedback score of over 90%. With their input and experience, the course is constantly evolving to take account of new trends in technology and IT leadership.
The course fee includes a one-year membership to the IT Leaders network, listen to top presenters and network with other former delegates. Members can stay in touch through the our closed Linked-In network group. You might also like to join one of our IT management training courses.
Dates — This course is run at regular intervals. Click here to book your IT Leadership course and choose a date.
Course outline — the following gives a brief outline of the topics covered. For more information, please click here to download the brochure.
A 5-day course (13th – 17th June) for experienced IT managers to develop IT leadership skills and build influence.
- Personal branding
- IT team leadership
- Influence & corporate politics
- Innovation & technology vision
- Business strategy & IT alignment
Daniel Goleman’s model of emotional intelligence emphasises personal leadership — our ability to understand ourselves and achieve our best.
- How CIOs optimize time and activity
- Secrets of successful CIOs
- Leadership opportunities for IT professionals
- Building and maintaining reputation
- Developing a personal brand
Day 2 uses two leadership models to help IT managers identify their leadership and management style and use it to best effect.
- Assessing your style of leadership
- Recognizing leadership styles in others
- Influencing strategies for the different leadership styles
- Corporate politics — the inside track
- Developing successful political networks
Technology & innovation leadership
Looks at the technology innovation process, with techniques for developing ideas and plotting technology vision.
- The process of innovation and the creative mindset
- Techniques to foster innovation
- The importance of technology in innovation
- Selecting the best innovation ideas
- Lanterns to the future — creating technology vision
This module focuses on the high level role of senior IT executives, based on research and interviews with CIOs and technology leaders.
- IT leaders at board level — what CEOs look for
- The responsibilities of IT corporate leadership
- A process model for IT to business alignment
- Technology governance structures
- IT’s brand – aligning reality and perception
The courses take place in a beautiful tranquil setting on the banks of the river just outside Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire. The conference centre is conveniently located near junction 8/9 of the M4 and about 20 minutes from London Heathrow. We have reserved on-site accommodation for our delegates, there is also an excellent restaurant, café, bar and gym.
On the Monday evening we host drinks in the bar and Tuesday our delegates join us for supper in a restaurant in Henley. With everyone based in the same location it greatly adds to the learning experience and facilitates networking as our delegates are from across all industries as well as from many countries around the world.