World Leading IT management courses
Excellent IT Management Training
Book an IT management training course and give yourself the opportunity to develop valuable IT management skills. All our courses are run by experienced IT leaders who understand what a successful IT manager needs to learn. We work hard to keep our training fresh and consequently our courses include practical, actionable learning.
You will cover a number of key topics during your training, including developing IT strategy, aligning IT strategy to the business, top level project management, operational excellence, crisis leadership, communicating technology. You will also study IT commercial skills, in particular, IT sourcing, contracts & negotiation. Our programme has been acclaimed by over 1,000 past delegates and, as a result, it consistently receives high satisfaction ratings. Read our testimonials.
Dates — This course is run at regular intervals. Click here to book your IT Management Excellence training course. Choose from our list of dates across all territories or select from the list on the right.
Price — All prices include a 1-year membership of the IT Leaders Network, they exclude VAT and accommodation
Course outline — an outline of the course is shown below. For more information, please click here to download the brochure, or contact us on 01491 578688.
Excellent IT Management
A 5-day programme to develop business skills for IT professionals
- Business to IT alignment
- Business relationship management
- Communicating technology
- Delivering customer value
- Operational excellence
- Managing & coaching technology teams
Day 1 – IT Strategy
Linking IT to business priorities.
- A proven process for IT strategy
- Aligning IT strategy to business priorities
- Strategic domains and objectives
- Looking for a better way — optimizing IT strategy
- Composing and communicating the plan
Day 2 – Project excellence
Topics include advanced project, program & portfolio management.
- Validating project business cases
- IT project management wisdom
- Effective project governance and reporting
- Project portfolio management guidelines
- Guidelines for successful change projects
Day 3 – Communicating technology
Looks at improving business relationship management & communication skills using a number of interactive and typical IT business relationship scenarios.
- The art of communicating technology
- Presenting IT to non-technical audiences
- Creating a compelling technology message
- Handling difficult (IT) situations
- Business relationship scenarios
Day 4 – Operational Excellence
This session looks at a number of techniques in overview, including ITIL, Six Sigma and Lean IT and the relative merits of each one.
- Continual Service Improvement (CSI) models
- An overview of different frameworks, including ITIL, Six Sigma and Lean IT
- Preparing for major (technology) incidents
- Managing major incidents
- Leading in crisis — the art of communication
Day 5 – Commercial acumen
This module provides a short but highly valuable overview of some key commercial techniques for IT managers.
- The art of good commercial decisions
- Getting the most from IT partners
- Contract guidelines for successful IT
- Delivering better negotiated outcomes
- Negotiating as a team
Book Excellent IT Management now
£3,500.00 excl. VAT